Friday, May 15, 2009

A Sneak Peak at Football.....



It's time for some FOOTBALL..... Today was Early County's Spring Practice Game. It was a GREAT afternoon. I've uploaded alot of pictures in case you missed it. This blog is somewhat lengthy, but the boys have worked hard and they deserve it! Hope you enjoy!



There was excitement in the air this afternoon as the Bobcats finished up spring practice. So, they got their practice jerseys on and hit the field to show us what is in store for the fall. Obviously, after only 2 weeks of practice, there are many things to work on, but I must say, it looks like the Bobcat Football we are all accustomed to enjoying is well on its way back to Standifer Field!

Dillon Driver, as quarterback, with the carry.









It's always fun to see former Bobcat's back to check out the new crowd. Josh Storey and Walt Lightsey.









A little instruction from Coach Mo. I always love to hear his "explanations" of their screw ups, but on the very next play his praise for their great plays and hard work.


A special "shout out" to our great coaches. Before my involvement in athletics, I don't think I fully understood the role that a coach played in the lives of these young men. There are many players who need these coaches as a father figure, a counselor, a friend, or maybe even need a hero. I see, week in and week out, the time and love they put into each kid. Thanks guys for your time and your leadership. Even on the days you think you're basically getting nowhere, you're making a huge difference in many lives.


What would a spring game be without food afterwards? No fun at all! I have the greatest bunch of parents and boosters that are willing to do anything it takes to make the boys feel special!
Thanks Jimmy for taking the lead on the meal and making it all happen! Thanks to your crew that helped too! I appreciate all of you!





OOPS! A little minor injury. Unfortunately, we had one shaken up on the play.

Such is the life of a Head Coach's Daughter..... Miss Alissa hanging out with us
on the sidelines. However, I'm pretty sure she was right where she wanted to be!



Hard work deserves praise.....and that is exactly what they got. Coach Woolf told them this was the best spring practice he's had in years and shared a few reminders of how playing as a team is what will win ballgames.










And look who was with us..... a surprise. Brother Mark happened to be here for the weekend and was able to be at the game and love on the boys a little and pray a prayer of encouragement to finish out the afternoon. I think he'd steal a player or two and take them back to Florida with him, but we're holding on tight to all of them!


These might be 2 of my favorite pictures. "Reach out and touch somebody. " It's just a reminder that there is so much more to Bobcat Football than what happens during the game. It's about the changing of lives.



1 -2- 3....STATE CHAMPS!











He ain't heavy....He's my brother......
The Famous......STRAWBERRY CAKE.....just a little reminder of what a win will get you!
For those of you who don't know, years ago when Mr. Ric was coaching, "Miss" Kaye started the tradition of "Victory Cake". If Friday night brings a win.....then Monday after practice, everybody gets Victory Cake. I would just like to know how many boxes of strawberry cake mix we've been through. However, I cannot tell you what a great impression a little gesture like this makes. I see former players all the time, and "Miss" Kaye says the same, that say "I sure wish I had some Victory Cake!" .


Dinner is served. One thing I don't think we've EVER done is fill them up! I can't begin to imagine how much food it would take to fill them up. But we attempted tonight with Ribs, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Rolls, and of course, Victory Cake.





Coach Woolf and his biggest fan!















Jacori getting a taste of Victory Cake.









The Heath Boys
Jordan and Jarrett














Bobcat Fans..... Get excited! Bobcat Football is back. Although last year was a rough year, there's a new spirit in the air. The boys have been working hard and they are pumped about the upcoming season. It is our job as fans to keep their spirits high and encourage them always.
This last picture is always my favorite. I think I probably take this same picture after every game.
"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Matthew 18:20
" I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. " Matthew 17:20
Good Luck this fall Bobcats! We Believe in You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Julie! I was unable to attend. Sometimes I really miss being out there with them! These seniors were the last group I coached...

Turner

funny girl said...

Way to go Julie! The blog is great! Can't wait for another season. Gooooo Cats! Heather

Meghan said...

I want one of those shirts! Photos are looking great!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs