Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 Summers Full of Weddings - 2008 - Part I

Since I was about to post pictures from our 2009 weddings, it reminded me that there were a couple last summer that were some of my favorites. So once again, we're running
a little out of order, but I had to share them with you.

For the weekend of August 23, 2008, we loaded up the shop and moved it to Reynolds, Georgia for the wedding of Amanda Williamson and Collier Watson. If you read some of the above posts, you saw the wedding of his sister, Paige that we did this summer (2009). Collier has always been so incredibly special to me & been like a younger brother, so I was so happy that his sweet (then) fiancee', Amanda, asked us to do the flowers. Even though it would be several hours away, and that brings on a whole different plan, I was glad to do it! However, who knew we would be battling a tropical storm THE WHOLE WEEKEND? But, it definitely didn't "dampen" the excitement for the occasion. Although it was a challenge, and at one point I realized that I was soaking wet, jeans rolled up, barefoot, standing in water up to my ankles with lightning striking, Collier and Amanda were worth it and it has since given us plenty to laugh about.

There are several pictures of the Rehearsal Dinner at Pineola Farms, then pictures of the Church and Reception at Massey Lane. The flowers were in all shades of fall, which are probably my favorite colors for weddings.







Yes, that is a Bulldog cake with a stethoscope on him. I don't think I ate any cake because I am certain that much red and black on a cake would do bad things to a War Eagle stomach!! :-)


This was the arrangement in the foyer upon entering the church. For the wedding flowers we used all types of grasses, ornamental berries and wheats, miniature yellow calla liles, fire and ice miniature calla lilies, green cymbidium orchids, green fugi mums, billy balls, red roses, green hydrangeas, seeded eucalyptus, solidago and hypericum berries. Such different flowers in such rich colors. Fall colored flowers always turn out to be some of my favorites.....

The runner for the aisle.... It was a group effort...mama made it, Ashley traced the initials on it and then I painted it. It was intended to be down the center aisle the whole time, but as I mentioned, since there were muddy and/or wet feet, we didn't want it to be dirty in the pictures when Amanda went down the aisle...so as you do in ALL weddings, you adjust, QUICKLY!

A couple of shots of the sanctuary. The church itself was truly beautiful.

It made it really easy to decorate!



The pew markers....



The Unity Candle.....



Amanda's Bouquet....


The Bridesmaids' Bouquets.....


The Wedding Cake.....


The Centerpieces for the Reception Tables....


Then with the candles lit......


The food tables....








The happy couple, Collier and Amanda, during their first dance. Doesn't seem like it's already been almost 11 months! So happy we could be a part! Love you guys!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs